Welcome to STAR
The Severn Trainees Anaesthetic Research (STAR) Group exists to expand and enhance the opportunities for its members to engage with high quality research and quality improvement projects, benefiting Severn Deanery NHS Trusts and ultimately benefiting our Patients. It is affiliated with the Bristol School of Anaesthesia and registered as a company in England. Our official constitution is available for download.
1. To establish a trainee-led regional network of anaesthetic and intensive care medicine physicians who conduct high quality multi-centre research, audit and quality improvement projects.
2. To provide a channel for communication and continuity that will allow trainees to continue their involvement in research and audit projects as they move around the region.
3. To provide more research training for the educational benefit of its members.
4. To improve the research experience for Severn trainees.
5. To attract national funding for research and audit work.
7. To keep trainees up to date with the latest research developments from the International community.
There are several ongoing and upcoming local, regional and national projects for STAR members to get involved with. We are constantly updating this website to bring you our latest news. The latest edition of our newsletter is another source of information; subscribe using the form on the right of this page to make sure you stay up to date. If you would like to be involved with or have suggestions for a project, please contact us.
Membership is open to all Anaesthetic Trainees in the Severn Deanery from CT1 onwards. If you wish to get involved, come along to one of meetings or contact us. Foundation year, non-training grade and doctors in non-anaesthetic/ICM training posts from the Severn region are eligible for associate membership, as are medical students.